Victories and Notable Engagements
GNPC's excellent reputation and prominent clientele originate from providing clients with what they value most: exceptional and ethical legal services, quick response times, practical business solutions and smart strategy. GNPC delivers winning results, even in the most complex matters.
- Representation of franchisor resulting in published appellate opinion reversing trial courts order denying franchisor’s motion to compel arbitration. H. Chin v. Advanced Fresh Concepts Franchise Corp., 194 Cal. App. 4th 704 (2011).
- Representation of franchisor in U.S. Department of Labor investigation.
- Representation of international writing utensil manufacturer and distributor through trial involving idea (Desny) advertising claim seeking over $250 million in damages.
- Representation of licensor in negotiation of multi-million dollar manufacturing and distribution agreement involving rights related to territories spanning three continents.
- Representation of seller in multi-million dollar asset purchase agreement for 3D printing operations.
- Representation of employer in multi-million dollar putative wage hour class action.
- Representation of international franchisor in multi-million dollar dispute involving the termination of a franchisee’s agreement and operations.
- Representation of distributor in state taxation administrative disputes over classification of independent contractors.
- Representation of high performance auto parts distributor in obtaining first ever counterfeit goods seizure order issued by Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Representation of shareholder in dispute involving the usurpation of corporate opportunity.
- Representation of licensee in breach of license agreement against licensor and its principals based upon alter ego enterprise and successor-in-interest theories.
- Representation of company defendant against plaintiff seeking over $7 million for alleged discrimination and harassment claims.
- Representation of buyer in recovering damages incurred from seller’s failure to disclose prescriptive easement on $8.5 million residential property located on The Strand in Hermosa Beach, California.
- Representation of licensee in software licensing dispute resulting in fraud jury verdict that was published on front page of Wall Street Journal.
- Representation of international petroleum conglomerate in 9th Circuit appeal for order obtaining stay and reversal of trial court’s order denying protective order for client’s pricing strategies (trade secrets).
- Representation of franchisor in multi-million dollar suit by franchisee asserting employment, wrongful termination/discrimination and tort based claims.